WEEK 1 2010
Mon- Tue- Wed-
Thur- Fri- Sat- Next Week
Picture of the Week
17 March 2002
Ago, This Week, 2002
Ago, This Week, 2003
Years Ago, this
Ago, This Week
This Week, 2009
Saturday - up in Martinez, doing various chores
at the old house. It's quiet and sad to be there alone. The gray and
cold weather doesn't help, though I relit the furnace to make the place
warm enough to work in.
Mostly I'm cleaning - the walls have 20+ years of tobacco stains.
TSP (which I thought stood for tri-sodium phosphate, but which claims
has "no phosphate's') wins the cleaning contest, hands down.
- Scrubbing bubbles
- Formula 409
- on the road, up to Martinez. Light posting until I'm back.
A shadow and his cat.
Thursday 7 January
Then on the road up to Lancaster. I need to head up to Martinez this
weekend, and am looking forward to a night in my own bed first.
Wednesday 6 January
Tuesday 5 January 2010
Monday 4 January 2010
- back at work. On the home stretch data organizationally. Is that a
word? A couple more days.
Computer Support Successes & One Failure:
- Got friends computer back onto home WiFi network (put WPA2
key back in)
- Got friends other computer back onto home WiFi network
(Ethernet cable missing, used surplus D-link USB WiFi
key, put WPA2 key in)
- Added USB splitter to an already overloaded Mac G4 used for
- Backed up up a friends xv6800 PDA using PIM Backup
- Could not diagnose over phone & talk
through router problems bedeviling someone in San Francisco
Sunday 3 January_2010
- Filled a trash bin with stuff from the "computer room". I just ran
out of space in there, and decided to get hard hearted and toss those
Win98SE upgrade disks, and a bunch of stuff from even earlier.
You can now walk about in the room, rather than hopping from clear spot
to clear spot.
Also threw out a bunch of old paperback novels.
Saturday - a relaxing day. Hung out,
with friends, did chores.
- Happy New
Put in a full days work, then headed north to Lancaster. Not much
traffic, even on the 405.