Travels and Images
WEEK 40 2007
Mon- Tue- Wed-
Thur- Fri- Sat- Next Week
Picture of the Week
17 March 2002
Ago, This Week, 2002
Ago, This Week, 2003
Years Ago, this
Ago, This Week, 2005
||A Year Ago,
This Week, 2006
- not quite as busy. Did a bit of work, but also went with friends to the Harvest
Festival in Ventura, where I picked up a couple of things for Christmas
gifts. Then a good Mexican dinner at the "blue place", which is Casa del Mar or something, over on Oxnard Blvd.
Friday 5 October
- busy. I'm working with a PDA, running WinCE rather than Windows
Mobile 2003. But just like WM it has weird limitations and lapses. For
one thing you can't put a shortcut to Windows Explorer on the destop,
though you can put other files on there. Why? And there is a DOS
terminal, but even a simple batch file, aaa.bat = dir /w doesn't
work. Bah. But the basic program I'm using does work, so that's good.
But I can't find a "FIND" function either, which is annoying, as I put
a program on the PDA and now it seems to have vanished.
4 October 2007
- busy. One of the guys I'm working with knows all the good restaurants
around - I'm going to gain 20 pounds if I don't watch out!
Wednesday 3 October 2007
- busy. Working with a little digital video camera. Despite my best
efforts I couldn't get the time stamp caption, clearly visible on the
camera monitor, to appear when the image file was transferred to the
PC. It's (the meta information) there but the software, both PC and
MAC, refuse to display it. Weird.
Tuesday 2 October 2007
- working away. Some friends and I had a nice little dinner get
together after work.
Monday 1 October 2007
- working. This was Moms' birthday. Back when I was in high school the
way home meant a walk by Adams' Market. Mom ran a tab there, and she
and Betty Adams would let me put a soda on Moms' tab. Usually an orange
(did you know that Nehi and Royal Crown were the same company? I
didn't.) She never complained, even though money was sometimes tight.
Sunday 30 September 2007
- on the road again, this time up to San Pedro for some work related
stuff, then up to Ventura.