WEEK 21 2017
Tue- Wed- Thur-
Picture of the Week
Years Ago, This Week, 2003
Years Ago, this week, 2004
Years Ago, this week, 2005
Years Ago, This Week, 2006
Years Ago, This Week, 2007
Years Ago, This Week, 2008
Years Ago, This Week, 2009
Years Ago, This Week, 2010
Years Ago This Week,
Years Ago This Week,
Years Ago This Week 2014
Two Years Ago This Week, 2015
One Year Ago This Week, 2016
Saturday - Warming up again.
I gave my solar over a primer coat of Rustoleum on the outside, in the
morning before it got hot. By afternoon it was dry and hard - I can
remember using the RO in the garage in winter and it taking 4 days...
I discovered the other day that the clamps I'd used when I glued it up had
slipped, and ended up with a 3/16" gap at a corner, right in the front where
everyone can see it. However, rather than try to undo a really solid
Gorilla Glue joint, I just filled the gap with thin plywood strips and more
Gorilla glue, then called it done. It's visually ugly, but won't
affect the functionality.
I have yet to make the insides or top, but my my hands are just absolutely
trashed, it'll have to wait.
Lunch was at the Thai place near Denny's and Albertson's. We'd gone
there years ago and it was pretty bad and hadn't gone back. But
R&S tried it out recently and said it had improved quite a bit, and I
have to agree, quite decent in taste and reasonable portions.
Friday - TGIF.
I spent the entire day trying to perform two simple tasks
- Set up the basic framework for the new app version, with a
launchscreen done the new way
- Sending it to Testflight, so that it'll be ready to go to beta testers
when it's done
This took all day. All frickin' day.
Feed me, peasant.
Thursday 24 May
Still fussing with the media issues.
But I have a handle on it. I'd noticed that it was taking a long time
to do the Monday backups to USB, but figured it was a scratch or log file
issues. While researching the media thing I discovered that Xcode
and/or Git was making an entire backup of the entire folder, each time I did
a commit. Nearly two hundred almost (but not quite) copies, for
11GB instead of 450MB!
I looked at it for a bit, then texted S that I was going to start version 9,
as a separate project.... This probably dates back to the botched GIT
commit this spring. Generally I practice good programming and do not
mess with the project folder, save through Xcode and Git, to avoid these
kinds of issue.
Honestly, if someone were to ask me just how to make a complete backup of
the entire project folder and make it a sub-folder of a sub folder of a sub
folder...I would have no idea.
Wednesday 23 May
Wednesday - Nice out. Not even
I was supposed to meet with DM in the morning, and Dr. G. in the
afternoon. Dave didn't show until after noon, but we finished up some
preliminary estimation stuff for the possible work in the fall. More
channel mapping and GIS stuff.
Dr. G. didn't call - he had his laptop stolen last week and wanted to meet
to get some code from me, but perhaps he found it on a backup somewhere.
Tuesday - Still plugging away at the
app. I'm trying to get the media name resolution issue cleared
up. Xcode and Git are not a match made in heaven.
Monday - Did the wash at my house, then
brought it over to R&S's place to use their dryer. I brought my
saw and drill, and we rehabbed the rotted out lid to S's solar oven with
some corner brackets and new 1x4's that I also brought over. I
actually had to drill out the old screws holding the hinges on - it's been
nearly 20 years since S built it. Glad I charged the battery.
Sunday - Another warm day. Nice, a bit windy
in the afternoon, though not the 60mph of earlier in the week.
Not doing much, trying to rest the hands as much as possible. Folding
laundry hurts at this point. Sitting around is pretty boring.